Today was my first day, I learned how to use a program called Sketch Up. We used it to make a chair and other students were creative and found things like roller coasters and such to inculde in their creations. I am just getting used to the programs so i just basically listened and took notes to figure out how to use the program. It was a little frustrating because I've never used any thing like this so it was difficult to me. I eventually got it with help from andrew my instructor. I created two chairs using the additive and subtractive methods, both of which i took notes on. I learned the big difference between 2-D and 3-d, which is that 2-D is basically a flat surface and 3-D is more popped out and has more dimensions. I also learned how to decorate my chair and download pictures and places of things into my sketch.
In the afternoon, we have what is called open lab, meaning we get to do what ever we want that has to do with the program. I chose to get to know the tools of Sketch Pad a little more. Then I also decided to go on instructables.com which is a web site that shows you how to make things like clocks out of things such as push pins and old hard drives. It is a web site many students use to get ideas of what to do for their final project. I thought the website was very helpful it had alot of ideas I thought were cool. I also set up my blog and got to listen to music (but quietly).
No comments:
Post a Comment