Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday, March 7 , 2011


Today in the morning, we used sketch up to create spheres. We learned how to use other tools such as a tool called "follow me". It basically helped us to create things that look like tubes. We learned how to make the tube solid or hollow. I myself learned how to use ink scape, Andrew our instructor taught me how to use several tools in ink scape. I also learned how to take images from online and insert them into ink scape to eventually use the laser cutter. Then andrew basically let us use the programs until lunch so we could get more familiar with them.
In the afternoon, we made copies of sketch models that Carlos and Andrew made. We had to create a box, two chairs and a car. I made everything except the car. Most people weren't done but everyone made at least something. It took a while to create the object, it was harder than I thought. My box didn't come out very good, but the purpose wasn't to come out perfect, it was to identify and learn how to create sketch models.

No comments:

Post a Comment