Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thursday April 7,2011

In the morning, we used scratch. We made our own characters, mine was a hippo that I named "hippy". Hippy had leaf wings and i also learned how to change the colors of things. And also i learned how to make hippy move in certain ways and place him where i wanted. He couldn't really do anything because we didn't get that far. But we learned how to create many backgrounds. I made several backgrounds such as : an under water one and a mountain top. Andrew showed use basically a video of a cat that walked off the edge of something and died, he did it using the scratch program.
In the afternoon, we worked independently. At first i messed around with the scratch program. I wanted to get used to the controls and stuff. Then i later went on the website " instruct-ables".
That website helps you to see things you can make and basically how to instructions on it. I am stuck between either a night light made a LED lights or a noise tube. The night light I know is possible to make here but I'm not completely sure if the noise tube is. The tube works by you saying one thing into one side and the sound comes out the other. I thought it was really cool. and the night light would be useful because of my irrational fear of the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment